Plan Your Weekend
Come for the Symposium, stay for the weekend! Tampa is a great place to be in March--why not bring your friends or family and stay for the weekend to enjoy all it has to offer? Here's some things we recommend you do:
- 2019 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, March 8-10: Watch cars race through the streets of St. Petersburg, FL, in this unique 3-day event.
- 2019 Gasparila Music Festival, March 9-10: Tampa’s famed Gasparilla Pirate Season includes a music festival; this year’s features bands like The Avett Brotthers
- 007 Casino Royale Night hosted by the Tampa Chapter of the Special Forces Association, March 9: This event will raise money for a Tampa Team House that will benefit Veterans and the local community–a fun night for a worthy cause
- Clearwater Beach: Just looking for a beach weekend? Cleawater Beach was voted the #1 Beach in America for 2018 by Trip Advisor.
- Busch Gardens: Orlando has great theme parks, but if you don't feel like going to the tourist capital of Florida, you should check out Busch Gardens. It has great roller coasters and you can feed giraffes--win-win.
- Check out the Breweries: People don't necessarily associate Tampa with craft breweries, but you should! We have an awesome selection to choose from, from Cigar City to Crooked Thumb and many, many, more.
That's just a sampling of what Tampa has to offer! Of course visit Trip Advisor to see what else there is to do.