FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the recommended dress/uniform?Demo Days: Casual
Modern Warfare Symposium and Expo: Civilian Business Casual or Combat Uniform of the Day
Where is the Demo Days venue (19-20 NOV)?The Range Complex
2850 TigerSwan Drive
Autryville, NC 28318
Where is the SOF for Life Seminar (20 NOV) and Symposium/Expo venue (21-22 NOV)?Iron Mike Conference Center - Fort Bragg
2658 Reilly Road
Fort Bragg, NC 28310
Directions to Iron Mike Conference Center1) Leave gate and as you go under Gruber Road Overpass move immediately to your far right hand lane and take the first exit from the All American Expressway to the ramp that goes up to Gruber Rd.
2) Turn right onto Gruber Rd. and stay in the right hand lane. Travel straight for 7/10th mile to the fourth (4th) stop light and then turn right onto Reilly Rd.
3) Stay in the right hand lane of Reilly Rd and travel 5/10th mile to the third (3rd) signal which is a Flashing Caution Light.
4) Turn right into the Fort Bragg Conference and Catering Center parking lot on your right --- You Have Arrived!!
How far away are the venues from the airport?The Range Complex:
- From the Raleigh-Durham Airport: 90 miles (rental car recommended)
- From the Fayetteville Airport: 19 miles (rental car recommended)
Iron Mike Conference Center:
- From the Raleigh-Durham Airport: 75 miles (rental car recommended)
- From the Fayetteville Airport: 15 miles
Is transportation provided from the airport?No, attendees are responsible for arranging their own transportation.
What are my options for getting to/from the airport and hotel?
- The local airports offer a variety of Car Rental options
- Military Ft. Bragg Shuttle
- Rideshare services, such as Uber and Lyft, are available in the Fayetteville Area
- Local taxi companies can be researched here.
Should I rent a car?We do recommend having access to a Rental Car in Fayetteville, especially if you fly into Raleigh-Durham and/or are staying off-base.
Can I bring personal firearms to the Demo Days?No, for safety reasons, participants may only use the equipment provided by the demonstrating vendors.
What are the requirements to participate in Demo Days?In addition to being a registered attendee of the event, each participant must attend a short safety briefing and sign a waiver in order to pick up your wristband and badge. A wristband and name badge is required to be on the premises. The briefings are available as follows:
Location: TRC Classroom
8:30a.m. | 8:45a.m. | 9:45a.m. |10:00a.m. |10:15a.m. | At the top of every hour until 7:00p.m.
Location: TRC Classroom
8:30a.m. | 8:45a.m. | 9:00a.m. | At the top of every hour until 11:00a.m.
What are the requirements for Fort Bragg Base access?Base Access
Attendees who do not have a military/government ID are required to obtain a Visitor Pass. Enter through the All American Gate (5) and proceed to the All American Visitor Control Center to receive a pass. You will be required to provide a driver’s license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance.
All American Visitor Control Center
81575 All American Expy
Fort Bragg, NC 28310
Hours: 5 a.m. to 9 p.m., 7 days a week
Important Base Access Information
NOTE: Foreign Nationals must submit a Foreign Visitor Request through their embassy in Washington, DC in order to gain base access. Please contact Catlyn Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- All vehicles entering the post are subject to search.
- In order to gain entry to Fort Bragg, all occupants 17 years or older must have a valid identification.
- DoD affiliated or Federal Government ID card holders may access any lane at any ACP with any type of vehicle as long as the vehicle can safely negotiate the ACP.
- All uniformed Service members and spouses, DoD employees, and retired uniformed Service Members and spouses can vouch for occupants in their immediate vehicle without showing an Identification Card, provided the Trusted Traveler vehicle operator possesses a valid DoD affiliated identification card.
- All other personnel presenting U.S. driver’s license or state identification cards may access any ACP as long as they visit one of the two Visitor Control Centers at All-American or Knox Truck Plaza (Commercial Vehicles Only) and process and receive a Visitor Pass. Their vehicle will be subject to search. All Non-DoD affiliated personnel must process for and receive a visitors pass unless accompanied by a DoD affiliated ID Card holder that meet the trusted traveler requirements.
- All commercial vehicles must access the Truck Plaza on Knox Street. The Installations definition for a Commercial Vehicle is:
- Any vehicle as large as or larger than an enclosed 15-passenger van (not used for passenger transportation) OR any company vehicle pulling an enclosed trailer of any size, and all Civilian Fuel Trucks. This includes U-Haul Trucks, UPS/FedEx delivery vehicles, etc. The only exception to this definition applies to Active Duty Military CAC Card Holders only if the vehicle can safely negotiate the lane at FPCON normal or A.
- Foreign Visitor (Any person other than a US citizen) must present a valid passport with visa, and I-94 (Arrival /Departure Record) or an alien resident identification card and must have a valid reason to enter the installation. If you are driving on base, you must present your driver's license as well.
NOTE: International Drivers license are only good with the drivers license from the driver’s native country. An International Drivers license is not valid in the country of issuance.
Once I am on-site, where do I check-in?For the Demo Days (19-20 NOV):
Please proceed immediately to the Safety Briefing Class Room for the Mandatory Safety Briefing. Once complete, you will receive a wristband and can then head to the Exhibitor Tent to get your badge.
Registration Desk Location: Exhibitor Tent
Tuesday, 19 November: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Wednesday, 20 November: 8:30 am - 11:30 am
For the SOF for Life Seminar (20 NOV) or the Symposium & Expo (21-22 NOV):
Please check in at the Registration Desk in the Foyer at Iron Mike Conference Center to get your name badge. We kindly ask you wear your badge at all times while at the Symposium.
Registration Desk Location: Foyer
Wednesday, 20 November: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 21 November: 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday, 22 November: 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
Is wireless Internet access available?For Demo Days:
WiFi will not be available at The Range Complex.
For the Symposium and Expo:
Basic open wireless connectivity (not for streaming, downloads, or demos) will be provided in the Expo Hall and shared among all attendees, thanks to our Sponsor, Huntington Ingalls Industries! Please use the login information below:
How do I become a Sponsor?Contact Laurie Powell at LPowell@eventPower.com or (703) 740-1940 for more information.
Will Media be able to attend?Members of the media are permitted to attend the Symposium Sessions, but the panels are under Chatham House Rule. Please click here to review the Media Ground Rules prior to attending.
Does GSF use an Event App?No, we are not using an App at this event. Please refer to the Program Guide, the website, and the onsite Staff for any questions.
Who should I contact about Corporate Partnership?Steve Jones, GSF Director of Partner Relations, at email@example.com
Who should I contact about GSF Marketing Opportunities?Chelsea Hamashin, GSF Director of Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who do I contact if I have a question on registration?Catlyn Smith, GSF Membership Services Manager, at email@example.com.
Who do I contact about Speaker participation?Megan Corn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who do I contact if I have any other urgent question?Meaghan Keeler-Pettigrew, GSF COO, at email@example.com or (727) 432-6657
Join the online conversation on the following platforms:Event Hashtag: #ModernARSOF