Frequently Asked Questions
What is the recommended dress/uniform?Military: Service Dress/Class A or Duty Uniform
Civilian: Business Casual (jacket optional / no tie)
Please Note: There is no “Formal Reception” this year. The recommended dress for the closing “NSHQ Reunion” is casual.
Where is the Symposium venue?Le Plaza Brussels
Bld Adolphe Max 118-126
1000 Bruxelles, Belgique
+32 2 278 01 00
How do you get to the Symposium venue?Public Transport from the Airport
- The Le Plaza Hotel is located about 30 minutes from Brussels airport.
- The airport train station is located below the terminal (basement level -1). Up to 4 trains per hour connect the airport to Brussels North station.
- Taxis are easily to be found in front of the airport. Airport – Le Plaza Brussels will cost you approximately 50 euros and will take you about 20 minutes.
Public transport from the Midi Train Station
- By Métro/Tram: Take the line 6, direction Simonis Elisabeth, to the Rogier station.
- By Taxi: Taxis are easily to be found in front of the station. Note: This will cost you approximately 15 euros and will take you about 10 minutes.
Public transport from the North Train Station
- By Foot (5 minutes): Take the rue du Progrès and head towards place Rogier. Go straight ahead until you reach the Le Plaza Hotel on the right side of the boulevard.
- By Métro/Tram: Take line 3 or 4, direction Churchill or Stalle, to the Rogier station.
Public Transport from the Central Train Station
- By Metro: Take line 1 or 5, direction Gare de l’Ouest or Erasme. Get off at De Brouckère station and take line 3 or 4, direction Esplanade or Gare du Nord, to the Rogier station.
- By Taxi: Taxis are easily to be found in front of the station. This will cost you approximately 10 euros and will take you 5 – 10 minutes.
From Anywhere Else Using Public Transportation
- Plan your trip using the STIB trip planner.
- The direction of traffic on Boulevard Adolphe Max and Maline Street has been changed, and most GPS are not up to date. To reach the hotel, take Boulevard Emile Jacqmain, then rue du Pont Neuf to go up on Adolphe Max.The hotel has a secure parking with valet service (for an extra fee).
What are the check-in/check-out times?Check-in: 3:00 p.m.
Check-out: 12:00 p.m.
How far away is the venue from the Brussels International Airport?9.2 miles
Should I rent a car?We recommend that you use local public transportation and/or Taxi/Uber.
What is the deadline for hotel reservations and what is the cost?Rate Available: 199.24 EUR/night plus applicable taxes and fees
The above rate includes a 4.24 EUR city tax.
Room Block Deadline: September 23, 2019
Rate Includes: The Breakfast Buffet, In Room Internet and VAT (6%)
Once I am on-site, where do I check-in for the Symposium?Please check in at the Registration Desk in Mathilde. You will need to go outside of the main hotel and take a right. A separate set of doors will be located down the block.
Tuesday, 1 October | 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, 2 October | 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, 3 October | 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Is wireless Internet access available?Wireless Internet access is available in all guest rooms and meeting spaces. Resort guests will receive instructions to access WiFi in their hotel room upon check-in.
A separate Symposium WiFi network will be available in the conference spaces, courtesy of our sponsor Klas Telecom.
What are the requirements for Media attendance?Members of the media must register online and submit required information. Attendance is subject to review and approval. See more information here.
Does GSF use an Event App?Yes, we do! We use Whova which will give you the ability to enhance your event experience. You will be able to view the agenda, read speaker biographies, personalize your own schedule, connect with other attendees, scan business cards, check into sessions, and more. For iOS devices, you can download from the iTunes App Store; for Android devices, download from Google Play; for Blackberry/Window phones, it is available on the Web. Once downloaded, create an account, then look for the "2019 Global SOF Symposium - US".
Additional download information can be found here.
Agenda and SpeakersSee the latest agenda on the event app, or here on the event website.
NSHQ/NSCC ReunionThis year’s closing event is a No Host Social at the Delirium Cafe, which is about a 10 minute walk from the Symposium venue. This is a casual event, and no transportation will be provided. It is open to all Symposium Attendees, as well as current and former employees of the NSHQ or NSCC.
Delirium Cafe Address:
Impasse de la Fidélité 4, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Walking Directions from Le Plaza Hotel
Who should I contact about Corporate Partnership?Steve Jones at email@example.com.
Who should I contact about GSF Marketing Opportunities?Chelsea Hamashin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who do I contact if I have a question about registration?Catlyn Smith at email@example.com.
Who do I contact about Speaker participation.Megan Corn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social MediaJoin the online conversation on the following platforms:
Event Hashtag: #GSSBelgium
- Twitter: @GlobalSOF
- Facebook: @GlobalSOF
- LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/GSF_LinkedPage
- YouTube: http://bit.ly/GSFyoutube
- Instagram: @globalsof